Thursday, September 27, 2018

Rhombesque Rainbow



A Rainbow Scrap Challenge finish!  This was my 2016 RSC quilt, and I finally finished it earlier this summer.  It is Kathy Doughty's "Soul Searching" pattern from her book Making Quilts, but I call mine Rhombesque Rainbow, which is a better title than Diamond-Shaped Blocks in the Colors of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I quilted the diamond shapes in straight lines using my walking foot, and inspired by Quilting Jetgirl's circuit board motif, I quilted the neutral background diamonds in a circuit board motif.  That, at least, was my intention; however, my "circuit board" ended up looking like a maze for a fruit fly.  When machine quilting, I always begin quilting too small, so then the machine quilting takes forever, but I practiced my machine quilting, used a lot of scraps, and finished a quilt.  All good. . . . 

Thanks, Angela, for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge motivation each month.  I always look forward to the Saturday posts which bring colorful projects from all around the world.

1 comment:

  1. I have one of these quilts started. Yours is gorgeous. That reminds me to finish it!

    ReplyDelete