Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Teach us to number our days. . . .
I finally finished the top for the Quilty 365 challenge proposed by Audrey of Quilty Folk. It was, indeed, a challenge but really worthwhile, especially now that I can look back to reflect on the year. I got behind within a week. I caught up, I got behind, I caught up, and so the year went. Finally, I added the bottom to the quilt. Now, I must make a backing, quilt, and bind. Wonder how long that will take. . . . I am so glad that one commenter early on suggested offsetting each row. I didn't worry about matching seams, and it's a good thing that I didn't have to match seams because I'm sure that I stretched far too many blocks. Pardon the driveway background in the photos. Tape wouldn't hold my top to the garage door, and nailing the top to the side of the house was out of the question. Also, ignore the thread in that final shot. I will be picking off threads from now until. Now, I need to get the back made. It will feature these words from Psalms: "Teach us to number our days. . . ." Then to the quilting.